Think of a time when you or someone you know used informal language in a situation where formal language may have been more appropriate

 Prompt Response:  A time when Informal language was used when it was not supposed too was while I was watching a student present in AP Seminar. The student was presenting a research report in the form of a slideshow in front of the classroom. As the student was presenting they were using words such as "yoo," "nah," "bro." These were all slang terms that were not appropriate for the presentation and made the student seem far less knowledgeable about the subject at hand. I can remember this whenever I am trying to seem knowledgeable about a topic as something to look back at and remember how Informal and awkward the language was whenever I have the urge to use it.

Summary: Today in class we further re-evaluated out evidence in our Argumentative paragraph.

Reflection: I can use what I learned in class today to choose between what kind of evidence I will use on the AP Lang test. I learned that the most effective evidence is lived experience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Consider the following statement: "We spend more time connecting online but less time connecting in person." Do you agree or disagree with this antithesis? Explain your perspective using personal experiences. Discuss how technology has influenced the way people communicate and build relationships. In your response, include at least one original example of antithesis.

Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. What is it, what does it mean, and why has it become part of your everyday vocabulary? Explain when you typically use it and what your choice of this word or phrase might reveal about you.

Write about a fear you have overcome.