Write about something that you believed as a child.
Prompt Response: As A child I believed that I was not safe in the dark. This was especially the case when It was dark in my room and I had to make it from my door onto my bed. Due to this fear, I would try to run onto my bed in as few steps as possible and jump onto my bed before something "got me" This was also the case when I had to go down stairs to check on something. If it were dark in would get very scared and run up the stairs as fast as possible straight into the safety of my bed. On some occasions I would attempt to get over this fear by purposefully walking slowly up the stairs, but no matter what the fear would overcome me and one way or another I would be running straight to my bed.
Summary: today in class we focused on the three types of claim: claims of fact, value, and policy.
Reflection: I can use what I learned today to evaluate the motives of a person I am arguing or listening to. Based on certain words or aspects someone argues for I can determine which of the three claims they are making, and if they are credible or not.
Comments
Post a Comment