What were you trying to persuade them to do or believe? How did you use ethos, pathos, or logos to persuade them? Which appeal was most effective and why?
The other night when I got home late after marching band practice my aim was to convince my brother to put away the dishes. In order to convince him to assist me I used ethos and pathos. I spoke about how I regularly do dishes without complaining, and overall I have more chores and less time at home compared to my brother. Then I used pathos when I said that I am stressed because I have homework I still need to eat and I need to go to bed early because I have an extra early day the next day. I told him that the help would mean so much to me and that I would really appreciate it. My clever use of ethos to make myself credible and trust worthy and my use of pathos was enough to conscience my brother to help out and do the dishes for me that night.
Today In class we learned the difference between ethos, pathos, and logos.
I can use the knowledge that I gained in class to discern how an advertisement is trying to persuade me. This can allow me to look at the full picture and not be manipulated as easy.
Comments
Post a Comment