Think about a time when you made a claim or gave an opinion, but someone asked you, “Why?” or “How do you know?” Describe the situation. What evidence did you use to support your point, and why is explaining your evidence just as important as providing it?
Prompt Response: A time I gave an opinion, and I was questioned on it what's when I claimed to my mom that certain health food apps can be deceiving when they say certain things about the food we consume. My mom asked me how I knew that and said I was incorrect. I then told her that I have read and watched media from food scientists who properly explained how and why these apps are misleading. I supported my point by using direct evidence from food scients, and explaining how many of the way that studies are explained are misleading to make you believe a certain thing. I explained how these were reputable sources, and real scients, and this was important so show that my view was not based in personal bias, but instead based in fact. It was important to prove this about my evidence, so that I explain why what I said is true, instead of throwing stuff at a wall and hoping that it sticks.
Summary: Today in class we read a story about a veteran in the Vietnam war who killed someone, and we discussed wether there is such thing as a "good kill."
Reflection: I can use what I learned in class today to better formulate an argument, and to see what type of evidence I need to form a strong argument. I can apply this to my assignments and the EOC AP Lang test.
Comments
Post a Comment