Prompt: As you grow older and face new experiences, what issue or topic do you think you'll have to stand up and debate most often, whether with friends, family, or society?

 As I grow older and face more new experiences and people the issue that I will likely have to debate the most often will be immigration. Due to my lineage and the people that I surround myself with this is a topic that I feel incredibly passionate about. I believe that by making people feel safe rather then demonizing the average person you create a better and more functioning society. With stance I know I will have to confront a lot of people who don't agree with me later on in life, and I do not wish to change or quiet my opinion just to appeal to certain people.

 Today In class we presented and listened to a story behind each persons name in out class. We learned about the meanings of each, and a short story behind their name or a nickname.

Today I learned all about how each persons name has a story or reason behind it. I can use this knowledge when I meet people and learn their names because some names may be more significant than originally perceived.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Consider the following statement: "We spend more time connecting online but less time connecting in person." Do you agree or disagree with this antithesis? Explain your perspective using personal experiences. Discuss how technology has influenced the way people communicate and build relationships. In your response, include at least one original example of antithesis.

Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. What is it, what does it mean, and why has it become part of your everyday vocabulary? Explain when you typically use it and what your choice of this word or phrase might reveal about you.

Write about a fear you have overcome.