Prompt: As you grow older and face new experiences, what issue or topic do you think you'll have to stand up and debate most often, whether with friends, family, or society?
As I grow older and face more new experiences and people the issue that I will likely have to debate the most often will be immigration. Due to my lineage and the people that I surround myself with this is a topic that I feel incredibly passionate about. I believe that by making people feel safe rather then demonizing the average person you create a better and more functioning society. With stance I know I will have to confront a lot of people who don't agree with me later on in life, and I do not wish to change or quiet my opinion just to appeal to certain people.
Today In class we presented and listened to a story behind each persons name in out class. We learned about the meanings of each, and a short story behind their name or a nickname.
Today I learned all about how each persons name has a story or reason behind it. I can use this knowledge when I meet people and learn their names because some names may be more significant than originally perceived.
Comments
Post a Comment