How has living in or around Atlanta influenced the way you see your community, culture, or identity? If you were speaking to someone unfamiliar with Atlanta, what would you want them to understand about your community?
Prompt Response: Living around Atlanta has caused my community and identity to be incredibly diverse. Every place in Atlanta that I have lived there have large pockets of communities that are all incredibly different, but all interact with each other. Because of this every friend group or event that I go to has people of all classes, and races. Overall I see my community as something to grow by meeting new people. If I were to be speaking to someone unfamiliar with Atlanta I would want them to know that my community will take a lot of time to get used too because not everyone has the same stories, and that it is so much more rewarding to make connections and community in such a diverse city.
Summary: Today in class we evaluated a speech made by Keisha lance Bottoms that was in response to the violent protests that broke out after the murder of George Floyd.
Reflection: I can use what I learned today to better make arguments in conversation or when I am not as prepared. Using the example of the speech in class today I can learn how to organize and structure my arguments when talking face to face with someone.
Comments
Post a Comment